The Italian from Tucson

September 2, 2019



Holy guacamole what a week!! I have so many stories I dont even know where to begin and i dont have nearly enough time to type all of them out! 

So I'll just tell you about the Italians. On Saturday we had visited a bunch of John's by kind of a coincidence, so I decided we should visit one more john before dinner since we didnt have a dinner appointment and our schedule was kind of flexible for the next couple hours....
So I chose a john and it was way hard to find his house but we found it! And his mom kind of just slammed the door on us.
But I knew there had to be a reason we went through all this work! 
So we visited some of the nearby people, and did some tracting in the neighborhood but literally nothing was happening! So we went to the last house that we were going to try but then both felt like we should visit a different one! 
So we were walking up and there were people on the porch who didnt look very excited to see us, but I could hear them talking about jehovah's witnesses so when I got close enough I said "Hi, we're missionaries! And we're not jehovah's witnesses! We are from the church of jesus christ of latter day saints!"
And them they were super excited and invited us on the porch and asked us to share our beliefs!!!! (They were also glad we weren't the J-Dubs)
And it was seriously my favorite contact of all time! They had soooo many questions about our church that they've had for so long! We were there for and hour+ answering questions they had.... they even asked for not one, but two book of mormons!! It was so cool!
One of the Italians showed me how to properly kiss his ring, and said that if anyone asks you to kiss his ring... "it's either the Pope... or the Italian from tucson!!" It was so funny we were dying. The Italian accent makes it so much better!

But yeah! It was such a great week! We were in the right place at the right time sooooo many times this week! It was so awesome! 

So yeah! We also had like our entire teaching pool drop us. But its okay becuase there are so many prepared people that we are being lead to! So I know it's going to work out! This area has soooo much potential! The lords work is the best! I'm just SOO happy! 

Also I hit 7 months on Friday so that's weird but cool I guess! 
Love you all!!
💕sister chadwick 

Pics!
1-we did some fancy handshaking with the kids of my favoooorrrittteee family here! :)
2-i went to the coolest lesson on splits with sister daniels!! we taught a bunch of super cool germans! and elder whitner (a service missionary here) came with us and was the most incredible teacher!! it was the best!!!
3-we took dramatic pictures of us being soaked from a monsoon :)



Comments